Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Return to Optimism - Dan's Picks

I am doing it. I'm saluting the opening of the Tom Cable era by choosing the Raiders to beat the Saints, 28-26. They'll stop a two-point conversion attempt to hold on. Does this make any sense? Maybe. New Orleans seems to have a difficult time actually winning games, and the Raiders have put up some good fights. Let's hope this new "wide open" offense can keep the defense off the field in the 4th quarter.

I will use the opposite argument to select the Eagles to beat the 49ers. Philly is better than 2-3. I don't think the 49ers are. Let's say Eagles 31-20.

Seattle does suck. Though I like Mike Holmgren, I'll never forgive Seattle for their "Raider Busters" years and that hellish Kingdome. Go Pack Go. 33-14.

And this San Diego-New England game is interesting based on each team being a shell of the one that played in the AFC Championship game. While I'm not quite sure which team Johnny picked, I will take the Chargers, 28-21.

No comments: