Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dan's Picks - More Optimism!

While I await Mikey's flight so I can pick him up and head to Johnny's for the pre-tailgate, I'd better weigh in with my predictions. Do we have results tallied yet?

I will be at the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum (have they taken down the McAfee signs yet?), so I must pick the Raiders 27-17. Somehow the beginning of the Hiram Eugene era just as Favre arrives doesn't inspire confidence, but I'm betting on the big Raider bounce-back. Kind of like the stock market lately - keeps going lower, but occasionally has a surprisingly good day.

Giants over San Francisco, 37-20. As I heard on the radio the other day, were it to happen this would be one of the great 49er upsets in modern history. I agree that it won't happen.

As a Packer fan, I don't have a good feeling about the Indy game. I'm going with the Colts, 28-24.

And I think the Chargers will put together a good game and will win on the road, 28-20.

Not a lot of analysis, but I've got quite a bit of tailgating gear to pack in the next hour.

1 comment:

Michael Hauenstein said...

So this is why you were late to pick me up. Nice.