Sunday, October 14, 2007

The View from the Couch

With racing season over, today marks the first day I'm able to watch a full day of NFL football from the comfort of my own couch. As luck would have it, the 49ers are on a bye and the Raiders are away, so I get the Packers and Raiders. Perfect.

For the past two weekends I've been in Colorado, but if it weren't for the lack of oxygen I might have thought I was in San Francisco with all the whining about the home team. Besides the obvious complaints about Jim Bates' run defense, the "Mike Shanahan is no genius" chorus continues to grow. Even the Cutler pick is taking heat. With Leinart on the shelf but splitting time even when healthy, at least passing on them last year doesn't look so bad. Maybe Huff hasn't impressed but how would you feel if Derrick Gibson were preparing to cover Antonio Gates today?

Is it me, or is Jim Bates living off a 5-year-old reputation?

No comments: