Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Jason Jones on Garcia

Jason Jones checks in with a transcript of Jeff Garcia's interview on Sirius Radio. Asked about how he can be a mentor to JaMarcus, he said:

I'm up here in Oakland right now taking part in the quarterback school with Jamarcus and Bruce Gradkowski and we're working on just the fundamentals of playing the position, the leadership qualities that you have to have, the work ethic, getting in the weight room. I think JaMarcus, being able to see how myself and how Bruce work as far as what we do in the classroom, what we do in the weight room and what we do on the field, it's something positive for him to see. I don't think he's had those types of guys around him to help him push him or help him understand what it takes to be a true professional at this level. The guy is tremendously skilled, he's huge and we just want to get him into a position where he can be better on the field if he is physically better and mentally sharper. I think those are things he's starting to see right now with me being involved this week and hopefully it's just something where the relationship continues to build. And we're going to help him as much as possible by pushing him in a positive way. At the same time I'm going to do everything I can do to make sure that I'm prepared in case I do get that opportunity or in case something were to happen that I take advantage of that opportunity and make the most in trying to help this team win football games."

Jason notes that Andrew Walter is not mentioned. It's a conspicuous absence, I guess, but then I never really felt one way or the other about him, except for maybe sorry that he got put on his back so much during the Art Shell/Tom Walsh debacle.

No comments: