Friday, January 9, 2009

Where is Al?

Nice work by Dan rounding up the coaching news. One thing caught my eye in a post by Jerry Mac last night, "Gilbride says 'conversation' was an interview":
“I had a very enjoyable conversation with Mr. Davis. I’m very flattered he took the time to speak from … I believe he’s still in the hospital. To be honest with you, I know I got the interview because of the success we’ve had as a football team, in particular the players and coaches on the offensive side.

“I think it would be disrespectful for me to go into anything besides what matters so much to these players and these coaches in this particular game. But I think I certainly appreciate the job that players and coaches have done.” (emphasis added)

Tim Kawakami wrote a blog item Monday speculating on Al Davis' health, but Gilbride's comment is the first reference I've heard to this by someone who is not a local sportswriter.

No comments: